Parri Pandian con Building Node.js REST API with TDD Approach: 10 Steps Complete Guide for Node.js, Express.js & MongoDB RESTful Service with Test-Driven Development (English Edition)
In this book, you will build a Node.js RESTful API from the scratch with Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach.
To begin with, you will go through the list of frameworks and tools that you will be using for all the phases: from the design, development, and testing to familiarize ourselves before diving into each the action.
You will learn the central concepts of RESTful Service and TDD that you need know to build a REST API at the start of this book itself.
Wouldn't be fun to learn the nitty-gritty of those central concepts while going through the whole process in each step?
So, you will continue to learn all the necessary details of the big-picture concepts as you travel along each chapter and section as required to make it learning by doing the process.
You will go through all the crucial steps of building any software system one by one in the natural flow so that you can absorb the concept in each of the steps effectively and create the system efficiently.
Below are the crucial steps that you are going to walk through in this book while building the Node.js REST API with TDD approach.
- Requirement of the system
- Conceptualize the system behavior to satisfy the requirements
- Architect the big picture of the system that we are going to build
- Design the system with the appropriate level of depth so that we know affront what path is going to walk through
- Develop the system with prescribed technology and approach
- Test the built system to conform to the requirements that started the whole process of creating it
Here is what you will learn and do in this book
- 10 Steps Complete Guide to build Node.js REST API with TDD Approach
- 5 API Endpoints for Basic CRUD Operations
- 5 Sequence Diagrams For All The API Endpoints
- 30 Unit Test Scripts With Step By Step Process
- 5 Integration Test Scripts With Mocked MongoDB
Here are the concepts & technologies you will learn and use in this book
- RESTful Service
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- RESTful Service
Shall we build it?